Mauro Giuliani’s Complete Works, Volume 34 is presented as five works by Giuliani for guitar and keyboard printed separately. With introductions by Brian Jeffery
The five works for guitar and keyboard printed separately are as follows:
- Op. 65: Variations on “Nel cor più non mi sento” and Polonaise for guitar and keyboard (TECLA 0554).
- Op. 68: Two Rondos for guitar and keyboard (TECLA 2557). NOTE: this item will be supplied not in facsimile, but in the new Tecla re-engraved edition of this fine work.
- Op. 93: Grand Potpourri National for guitar and keyboard (TECLA 0587) (a large-scale work jointly composed by Giuliani and Hummel).
- Op. 104: Variations on “Partant pour la Syrie” for guitar and keyboard (TECLA 0601).
- Grand Duo Concertant for guitar and keyboard (no op. no.) (TECLA 0646) (this work, which was jointly composed with Moscheles, has been called “the longest and most virtuosic work for this medium during the nineteenth century”).
There are separate parts for the guitar and for the piano. No score (except for op. 68 Two Rondos).
The Grand Potpourri National and op. 104 are for a terz guitar, which would have greater brilliance than a normal guitar.
First published by Tecla in 1988.[Legibility: good.]
Copyright 2004 by Tecla Editions. Errors and omissions excepted.