Mauro Giuliani’s Complete Works, Volume 8 (Tecla facsimile edition) contains seven works for guitar solo, in reprints of the first editions. Guitar solos, opp. 61-73. With an introduction by Brian Jeffery
Paperbound TECLA 0808.
We are also happy to supply it in its clothbound version, for just a token amount more. Clothbound in black and gold TECLA 0908. Please be aware, however, that all copies of the clothbound version have damp marks, caused by their having been in a certain warehouse in the past.
80 pages. First published by Tecla in 1986, reprinted in 2002.
This Volume 8 contains seven works for guitar solo, in reprints of the first editions:
- Op. 61: Grande Ouverture. The well-known dramatic and often recorded piece. This work is also available from Tecla published separately.
- Op. 62: Six variations on an original theme.
- Op. 64: Six variations on the Russian air “Poschaluite sudarina” (this fine set of variations, which may be compared with op. 60, combines the popular nature of the Russian tune with Giuliani’s inventiveness. The sixth variation is in the form of a lively polonaise.
- Op. 70: Variations (from Guitar Concerto op. 70).
- Op. 71: Three sonatinas (easy pieces for beginners. The third of these three sonatinas is also available from Tecla in a new re-engraved edition.
- Op. 72: Eight variations on a duet from the opera “Jeannot et Colin”.
- Op. 73: Bagatelles.
Copyright 2008 by Tecla Editions. Errors and omissions excepted.