Mauro Giuliani’s Complete Works, Volume 3 (Tecla facsimile edition), like Volume 2, contains works which Giuliani composed from about 1807 to 1810, when, as a brilliant young player and composer, he quickly achieved fame in Vienna. Guitar solos, opp. 14-22. With an introduction by Brian Jeffery.
96 pages. First published by Tecla in 1984, reprinted in 1993.
This Volume 3 contains the following eight works for guitar solo, in reprints of the first editions:
- Op. 14: Six Progressive Rondos.
- Op. 15: Giuliani’s celebrated Sonata, which is here presented in two reprints, both given in full: the first edition of 1808 (rather hard to read), and the second edition of 1812 (much clearer). The Sonata is also available from Tecla published separately, as a re-engraved modern edition (free on request to purchasers of Volume 3).
- Op. 16b: Pieces from the ballet “Il Barbiere di Siviglia”.
- Op. 17: Three Rondos.
- Op. 18: First Potpourri. Op. 20: Six Variations on an original theme.
- Op. 21: Twelve waltzes.
- Op. 22: Twelve new Wald-Ländler.
Copyright 2003 by Tecla Editions. Errors and omissions excepted.