Sor’s arrangements of items from The Magic Flute, op. 19, were first published in Paris in 1824 with the title Six airs choisis de l’Opéra de Mozart: II Flauto Magico.
The contents are as follows:
- Marche religieuse. This is the march at the beginning of Act 2 of the Magic Flute.
- Fuggite o voi beltà fallace. A duet in Act 2, sung by two priests.
- Giá fan ritorno i genii amici. A trio, sung by three boys.
- O dolce armonia. Part of the finale to Act 1. The theme on which Sor wrote his Variations op. 9.
- Se potesse un suono. Part of the finale to Act 1. Sung by Pamina and Papageno.
- Grand’Isi! Grand’Osiri! A chorus sung by priests and Sarastro.