Sor’s arrangements of items from The Magic Flute, op. 19, were first published in Paris in 1824 with the title Six airs choisis de l’Opéra de Mozart: II Flauto Magico.
The contents are as follows:
- Marche religieuse. This is the march at the beginning of Act 2 of the Magic Flute.
- Fuggite o voi beltà fallace. A duet in Act 2, sung by two priests.
- Giá fan ritorno i genii amici. A trio, sung by three boys.
- O dolce armonia. Part of the finale to Act 1. The theme on which Sor wrote his Variations op. 9.
- Se potesse un suono. Part of the finale to Act 1. Sung by Pamina and Papageno.
- Grand’Isi! Grand’Osiri! A chorus sung by priests and Sarastro.
You can hear these pieces played by Fumihiko Iwasaki here. The magical pieces with harmonics are no. 3 beginning at 3’41” and no. 4 beginning at 5’17”.
This edition comes from the new 2020 second edition of Sor’s New Complete Works for Guitar edited by Brian Jeffery. The Introduction and Index to the entire series can be seen here on this site.