Mauro Giuliani’s Complete Works, Volume 6 (Tecla facsimile edition) contains six works for guitar solo first published in Vienna in 1813-15, in reprints of the first editions, including the famous studies op. 48. Guitar solos opp. 45 to 50. With an introduction and detailed notes by Brian Jeffery
Giuliani: Complete Works, Volume 6
Paperbound TECLA 0806
We are also happy to supply it in its clothbound version, for just a token amount more: clothbound in handsome black and gold TECLA 0906
92 pages. First published by Tecla in 1985, reprinted in 2002.
This Volume 6 contains six works for guitar solo first published in Vienna in 1813-15, in reprints of the first editions, as follows.
In particular, anyone wishing to have the authentic text of the famous studies op. 48, will find it here, in the original unaltered edition. (No modern fingering or other modern additions.) (The studies op. 48 are also now available in the new Tecla modern re-engraved edition as part of Giuliani’s Complete Studies for guitar, especially for students, or separately.)
- Op. 45: Six variations on “Folies d’Espagne” (a fine set of variations on this celebrated theme).
- Op. 46: Choix de mes fleurs chéries ou Le Bouquet Emblématique (ten delightful pieces bearing the names of flowers: Le Myrte, La Rose, etc.).
- Op. 47: Twelve easy variations on an Austrian national air.
- Op. 48: Esercizio (this is the well-known set of 24 pieces of technical difficulty).
- Op. 49: Six variations on “I bin a Kohlbauern Bub”.
- Op. 50: Le Papillon.
Copyright 2003 by Tecla Editions. Errors and omissions excepted.