Mauro Giuliani (1781-1829)
Mauro Giuliani, guitar virtuoso, heir to the lutenists of old, friend of Beethoven and Rossini, composed concerti, chamber music, and songs, as well as guitar solos and duets. A Dutchman who heard him in 1808 when he had first arrived in Vienna from Italy, had a perceptive insight into the nature of Giuliani’s work. He wrote: “Then I heard a guitarist who played so perfectly that he often reminded me of the fine old time of true lute playing”….
To learn more about Giuliani, go to Giuliani: life and music.
TITLES IN TECLA:
Giuliani: The Complete Studies A standard re-engraved edition for students.
Giuliani: Dances of 1810 for solo guitar (which might equally well be entitled “The very easy pieces which Giuliani composed as a young man when he first arrived in Vienna”)
Giuliani: Sonatina for guitar, op. 71 no. 3. Prescribed for the Associated Board for their examinations, Grades 6 to 8.
Giuliani: Sonata op. 15, re-engraved edition
Giuliani: The six Rossiniane, complete in one book
Giuliani: Grande Ouverture, op. 61
Giuliani: Gran Sonata Eroica, op. 150
Giuliani: Two Rondos for guitar and keyboard, re-engraved not facsimile, score and separate guitar part
Giuliani: Studio op. 1 (this is his well-known “method” including the right and left hand studies)
Giuliani: The Complete Works in 39 volumes
- Giuliani: The Complete Studies for guitar. A note on cello-type technique
- Mauro Giuliani – The Complete Studies For Guitar. Introduction by Brian Jeffery
- Mauro Giuliani – Dances of 1810 for guitar, the complete Preface by Brian Jeffery
- Giuliani: The Complete Studies for guitar. Detailed notes
- Giuliani: Guitar Concerto in A, op. 30. The complete introduction
- Giuliani: Works for guitar and keyboard. A descriptive note by Brian Jeffery.
- Giuliani: The Complete Works, in 39 volumes: Detailed list of contents of Volumes 19-24, the complete guitar duets
- Giuliani: The Complete Works, in 39 volumes: Detailed list of contents of Volumes 1-18, the guitar solos
- Giuliani: The Complete Works, in 39 volumes: Detailed list of contents of Volumes 25-32, the complete guitar concertos
- Mauro Giuliani: The Complete Works. List of individual volumes
- Giuliani: The Complete Works: the complete introduction, by Brian Jeffery
- Mauro Giuliani: Two Rondos for guitar and keyboard, op. 68, the complete preface
- Mauro Giuliani – 24 Exercises for Guitar, op. 48, complete preface by Brian Jeffery
Giuliani’s Grande Ouverture op. 61, the separate Tecla edition. Fabulous lecture by Maccari and Pugliese!