Currently because of the coronavirus lockdown we can’t ship any printed Tecla items, but most Tecla items are now available in digital form and can be ordered on this website. Here are the Giuliani items available in digital:
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS BY GIULIANI ARE ALL AVAILABLE NOW AS DIGITAL DOWNLOADS (PDFS):
NEW IN APRIL 2020: nineteen works by Giuliani for flute or violin and guitar. This is a major new edition of all these works, all modern re-engraved editions, score and parts. They include the famous Serenade op. 19, the wonderful Variations op. 24a, the XVIII Divertimenti Notturni op. 86, and many more. See the special page on this new major edition.
Dances of 1810 – the really easy pieces for guitar that Giuliani composed as a young man.
The complete Giuliani studies – the classic edition. If you go to the page for this edition, you can see videos of some of the most dazzling items (try the video of Giuliani’s op. 48 no. 11 with its amazing ending).
The overture to Rossini’s Barber of Seville and the overture to Rossini’s La gazza ladra each arranged by Giuliani for two guitars, NEWLY ADDED HERE APRIL 2020, brand-new modern re-engraved editions of these arrangements, score and parts, first time available here. Would be a lot of fun to play. With splendid video and audio performances available on these Tecla pages.
Two Rondos for guitar and keyboard, op. 68, modern re-engraved edition (TECLA 2557).
Siciliana from the guitar concerto in A op. 30, arranged for guitar and piano by Anton Diabelli (prescribed for ABRSM Grade 8)
Sonata op. 15 for solo guitar, re-engraved edition (newly added here April 2020)
Variations on a theme of Handel op. 107 for solo guitar (newly added here April 2020)
Sonatina op. 71 no. 3 re-engraved edition (includes the Andantino sostenuto prescribed for ABRSM Grade 6)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS BY GIULIANI ARE PRINTED (but we can’t currently ship any printed items because of the corona virus lockdown, only digital items):
Giuliani: The Complete Studies A standard re-engraved edition for students.
Giuliani: Dances of 1810 for solo guitar (which might equally well be entitled “The very easy pieces which Giuliani composed as a young man when he first arrived in Vienna”)
Giuliani: Siciliana (Andantino). Prescribed for the Associated Board for their examinations, Grade 8.
Giuliani: Sonatina for guitar, op. 71 no. 3. Prescribed for the Associated Board for their examinations, Grades 6 to 8.
Giuliani: Sonata op. 15, re-engraved edition
Giuliani: The six Rossiniane, complete in one book
Giuliani: Grande Ouverture, op. 61
Giuliani: Gran Sonata Eroica, op. 150
Giuliani: Two Rondos for guitar and keyboard, re-engraved not facsimile, score and separate guitar part
Giuliani: Studio op. 1 (this is his well-known “method” including the right and left hand studies)
Giuliani: Sei Cavatine op. 39
Giuliani: Sechs Lieder op. 89
Giuliani: Sei Ariette op. 95
Giuliani: The Complete Works in 39 volumes
Mauro Giuliani, guitar virtuoso, heir to the lutenists of old, friend of Beethoven and Rossini, composed concerti, chamber music, and songs, as well as guitar solos and duets. A Dutchman who heard him in 1808 when he had first arrived in Vienna from Italy, had a perceptive insight into the nature of Giuliani’s work. He wrote: “Then I heard a guitarist who played so perfectly that he often reminded me of the fine old time of true lute playing”….To learn more about Giuliani, go to Giuliani: life and music.
- Giuliani: The Complete Studies for guitar. A note on cello-type technique
- Mauro Giuliani – The Complete Studies For Guitar. Introduction by Brian Jeffery
- Mauro Giuliani – Dances of 1810 for guitar, the complete Preface by Brian Jeffery
- Giuliani: The Complete Studies for guitar. Detailed notes
- Giuliani: Guitar Concerto in A, op. 30. The complete introduction
- Giuliani: Works for guitar and keyboard. A descriptive note by Brian Jeffery.
- Giuliani: The Complete Works, in 39 volumes: Detailed list of contents of Volumes 19-24, the complete guitar duets
- Giuliani: The Complete Works, in 39 volumes: Detailed list of contents of Volumes 1-18, the guitar solos
- Giuliani: The Complete Works, in 39 volumes: Detailed list of contents of Volumes 25-32, the complete guitar concertos
- Mauro Giuliani: The Complete Works. List of individual volumes
- Giuliani: The Complete Works: the complete introduction, by Brian Jeffery
- Mauro Giuliani: Two Rondos for guitar and keyboard, op. 68, the complete preface
- Mauro Giuliani – 24 Exercises for Guitar, op. 48, complete preface by Brian Jeffery
Audio and Video Examples
Rob MacKillop plays Giuliani’s Monferrine nos 1,6,7 and 9, which can be found in the Tecla edition of
Giuliani – Dances of 1810
La Tarantella is found in
Giuliani – Dances of 1810
Rob MacKillop plays four of Giuliani’s Monferrine dances, from
Giuliani – Dances of 1810 for guitar
Mauro Giuliani’s Sonatina op. 71 no. 3
Giuliani – Sonatina op. 71 no. 3
Jamie Akers plays Giuliani op. 48 no. 23 from
Giuliani – Complete Studies
Giuliani’s Grande Ouverture op. 61, the separate Tecla edition. Fabulous lecture by Maccari and Pugliese!
The guitar duet, the overture to Il Barbiere Rossini arr Giuliani, played by Maccari and Pugliese at the Conservatorio in Alessandria, from
Giuliani – Complete Works volume 24